Posted on February 6, 2013
Zechariah, proof of a 3- color lino-cut.
I’ve been tinkering with this print for a few months now trying to get it right- not really sure that I am getting anywhere. While the 3rd block still needs a little adjusting- some of the lines are too narrow and gather ink to fast- it seemed ready to offer up here. Maybe you can give me some insight.
The print employs 3 different blocks, and there are in truth 4 colors if you include the white of the paper, which is part of the design. To cut down on time between printings in developing the proofs, I have been using water based inks. The final edition will use inks with oil as the vehicle. I have included a number of images from my process and some variations of the actual print along the way.
Proof of the main block
Obviously, not complete, but I like the silohuette
While not the best pull, this is my favorite one right now
Posted on November 15, 2012
Posted on October 9, 2012
Brian Mercer of Brouwerij West did a nice post on the crowns I designed for them. Brian was a pleasure to work with. He even sent me some beer. You can see his post here, and below are a few more pictures of the process. We ended up with black and white but in the trial process I used four different registered blocks to achieve various color arrangements.
Posted on August 8, 2011